Tuesday 24 February 2015

An accidental Kingfisher

I've always wanted a half decent photo of a Kingfisher but didn't want one that had been set up by planting a branch and sitting in a hide, I don't have a hide anyway so was pleased to find a Kingfisher today at Monikie. I got quite close to the bird which was sitting in willows looking for sticklebacks and it caught three while I crept closer, at one point I had one knee in mud and a foot in the water! Despite the sun being low in the sky I'm pleased with these three and others I took.

The eagle eyed viewers may notice the Kingfisher is ringed but that really would be a miracle if I'd been able to read the ring.


Watching for sticklebacks


Spotted one


Just bashed it into submission


Kestrel near Monikie school


Curlew at Inchcape, Arbroath




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive