Thursday 14 May 2015

Corn Bunting surveys today and still my hide rota

I can't compete with Neil's stunning photo of a Green Woodpecker now on BirdGuides but as I got this one in 20 minutes of stalking it will do me. Other photos are from my Corn Bunting survey, Elliot and Arbroath Harbour where the juvenile Iceland Gull is still sitting on the roof of the sewage pump station.



Green Woodpecker


Roe Buck at Seafield


Wheatear at 0606 in the morning, very low and odd light


Corn Bunting


Meadow Pipit

Coal Tit, Montreathmont


Fieldfare, I can't remember seeing one in Montreathmont before. (Note to self, don't post here after a few glasses at 1 am, I had this as a Mistle Thrush but obviously a very late Fieldfare).


Dunnock


Pied Wagtail, male at the harbour, a very dark individual



I have been advised that placing a perch near an active Kingfisher nest is an offence without a Schedule 1 licence.

Kingfisher blood bath, chicks head to right of the large stone..............



Is this an Otter footprint? Four toes in centre of the photo.





2 comments:

  1. Your Mistle Thrush is a Fieldfare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct, I shouldn't post after a few glasses at 1am especially after being up at 5am to do a Corn Bunting survey which entailed a 9 mile trek around cereal fields! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Search Blog

Blog archive