Wednesday 17 June 2015

"Roamin in the gloamin", a dull day at Backwater Dam

Although the light was poor at Backwater Dam the birds cheered my mood and I saw more birds and species than ever before, must visit more in the summer months. Cuckoo, Spotted Flycatcher, Common Sandpiper, Mistle and Song Thrush, Buzzard, Kestrel, Osprey, Goldcrest, Pied and Grey Wagtail, Cormorant, Tufted Duck, Lapwing, Oystercatcher and a large number of Snipe calling and many others. Starting with two of often seen mammals and I also found but didn't photograph a Common Lizard, too quick this time.



Roe Deer

I'd got too close


A one-eared Brown Hare, no it's just got the other one lowered


Common Sandpiper on the Dam picking flies from the water edge


This one and its mate didn't want me around so I left


Distant calling Cuckoo, one of three or four


Meadow Pipit, the object of the Cuckoo's attention


One of the grey variant Willow Warblers, many still singing


Wren fledgling at Kinnordy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive