Sunday 27 December 2015

Monikie and some from one of my NEWS surveys

Olive wanted to go for a walk so Monikie seemed suitable, after all it has a drake Smew, Pochard, Kingfisher and others. First thing in the morning I'd done one of my short Non Estuarine Wetland Survey sectors at Inchcape, Arbroath at low tide, a section which is effectively the west breakwater. I repeated the survey again at high tide when there actually were birds around! (virtually none at low tide)

Smew drake video, click here,

Pochards at Monikie video, click here,


Pochard, female left followed by a drake right


Grey Heron, although it was in the shade it let me get quite close


Mistle Thrush


Rock Pipit


Signal Tower Museum, Arbroath


Sunrise at around 0845




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive