Wednesday 19 October 2016

Some leaving and others just arriving, it will soon be winter

The first Whooper Swans I've seen, more than sixty Swallows going south and a Wheatear still around feeding. All of those along the beach between Elliot and Hatton on the Angus coast



A late Northern Wheatear which I'd hoped to find was one of the rarer species but I can't, that doesn't mean I'm right! All along the beaches where rock armour had been installed various species were topping up for migration on the swarms of flies








The first Whooper Swans of the season in Angus I believe



Female Stonechat near Elliot


Male Stonechat about 500 metres from the female



Goldcrest near Auchmithie


Tempted out of a tree by a call on my phone so Olive could see this little charmer



Some of around 50 Oystercatchers near Hatton



A Rock Pipit at Arbroath Harbour surrounded by a cloud of those pesky flies which don't seem to have any sense of direction, and they don't taste good either




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive