Friday 2 December 2016

Knot, what I'd expected - Montrose Basin

With usable daylight for photography restricted to a few hours on good days I've resorted to good old fashioned birding and using only my scope. I did use the camera briefly near dusk today at Rossie Spit, Montrose Basin and I think the Pheasant photo needed the flash!!



233 Knot is this photo coming to their roost at Rossie Spit near high tide and the impending sunset. I'd reckon there were another 150 Knot out of the frame. Counted using the paint tool in my editing software, I mark each bird as I count them



Landing beside Black-tailed and Bar-tailed Godwits as well as Curlew, Redshank and others



Where does all the food go at our Club hide? Maybe best not to hang a feeder over the bird table or spray the table with seed as it will only last minutes with at least four Pheasants coming into the hide area


Current and near future hours at the SWT Centre at Montrose Basin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive