Tuesday 20 December 2016

Year Review - April 2016

Seems that April was a quiet month with winter birds already gone and some of the summer breeding birds yet to arrive, or was it I was yet to find them.


A sign that at least the Common Sandpipers thought it was spring, this one was almost at the top of Glenesk where many nest


Another sign of spring, this Willow Warbler was calling at Murton NR on the penultimate day of April


The Grey Herons on the Brothock Burn near to my house are used to walkers and this one wouldn't move away from its position very close to me


The first Guillemot I found in April in the South Esk estuary at Montrose


A male Lapwing displaying to a nearby female who was more concerned on feeding


The classic Harrier food pass between these Marsh Harriers over the reeds on the far side of Kinnordy Loch. Note Olive, I need a longer F2.8 lens and it's Xmas........


A Starling in my garden which later on brought its youngsters and all its mates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive