Friday 30 December 2016

Year Review - December 2016

Short days, low sun, but it shone long enough to get photos of my first Shore Lark and that's why there are four photos below. The most important bird personally is the Little Egret as I mention below


Shore Lark currently at Tentsmuir, one of two on the lagoon 1.5 km north of the Kinshaldy car park and 200 metres south of the fence line on the beach




This photo shows the "horns" slightly raised





This Little Egret enabled me to reach the milestone of 200 species in Angus this year. I'd seen one at the Eden and another at the Ythan and had I not found this one I'd have been up a Munro on Hogmonay looking for a Ptarmigan!! (SX60 from afar)


Treecreeper at Balgavies


One of twenty or more Fulmars seen at Auchmithie this month which look to be on nesting ledges with partners


Goldfinch


Lesser Redpoll at Balgavies, one of a flock of thirty


Red-breasted Merganser seen at Kinnaber when searching for the Little Egret


Pink Footed Geese at sunset near East Haven


Perhaps the same three Geese seen earlier, I think the ISO on this one is 3200!


Red Squirrel at Balgavies


Drake Smew, this one never made last years review and was at Monikie in late December 2015




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive