Friday 20 January 2017

Beauty and the beast

Beauty refers to the Long-tailed Tits and beast to the large powerful Glaucous Gull, what a bird.

An end of week tidy up during which I didn't get much peace to wander freely. Given what I'm looking at out of my window, I should have stayed at home as my garden is full of birds, 24 Tree Sparrows, 30 Starlings, 23 Feral Pigeons, 5 Blackbirds, 2 Blue Tits, 2 fighting Robins, 19 House Sparrows, 2 Dunnocks, 1 Wren and I chased off the Herring Gull and Crow.


Glaucous Gull on the west breakwater at Arbroath Harbour as seen from the car park at Inchcape Park (Signal Tower). Photo in low sunlight near to dusk


Same Glaucous Gull in front of the Old Brewhouse but this time in much different light being reflected of the sea


Twite on the track to the hides at Montrose Basin, the most I've seen so far this year, 25 counted in one photo


I couldn't decide on which Long-tailed Tit photo to post so it's both. Taken in a glimmer of light late in the afternoon at Balgavies Loch Hide. Note, the track to the hide is currently closed and access is from the viewpoint on the main road





A resized copy of an original taken in near darkness and at very high iso, the long lens and closeness to the Rock Pipit must have helped. At the "Blue Toilets" on the Brothock Burn at Arbroath Harbour


One of a few Curlew feeding at the start of the Cliffs in Arbroath


Red Squirrel at Balgavies




No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive