Wednesday 11 January 2017

Nine and a half days

These are some of the birds I've come across on a number of walks since the new year, all taken just a few miles from home. With a new MOT for my car I will probably venture further when this short cold spell passes. I might have some video in my Canon SX60 and if it's worthwhile I'll add it later.


Cormorant on the slipway at the boat yard, Arbroath Harbour


Dry now


A different Cormorant in the Lunan Water at Lunan Bay


A bit of a stooshie on the slipway between these young gulls


Still disputing ownership of the box of fish remains


Top lit in the late sunshine at Danger Point, Arbroath Harbour


I tried hard to get the perfect photo of a Herring Gull flying across the Moon but never quite got what I wanted so this gull was moved slightly for "artistic reasons"


Mostly Knot and Redshanks sitting at Rossie Spit, Montrose Basin as the tide receded


Sanderling well up from the tide line at Lunan Bay


Two of four Waxwings in Carnoustie, the only ones I've seen in 2017


A Yellowhammer getting a bit of heat from the setting sun at Lunan Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive