Monday 20 February 2017

American Wigeon in Fife

I made the trip to Birnie and Gaddon Lochs in Fife today in the hope of getting a closer photo of an American Wigeon and I'm happy with these but of course if it had come closer and I didn't need the teleconverter, hey ho

American Wigeon video (HD 25fps), click here


American Wigeon drake doing a bit of feather maintenance








Drake Goldeneye, taken while waiting for the Wigeon to swim closer


The first time I've seen a bird of any interest at my step-daughters and it's in the week she's moving house. I saw this male Sparrowhawk fly into the tree and the gulls chasing it made a racket until they eventually moved it on





Some concern over this Woodpigeon which I believe has Trichomoniasis although not the worst case I've seen. Past birds seen in my garden haven't survived and unfortunately it can be spread to other species. It's the first one I've seen for a few years and since a neighbour cut down some bushes I don't get Greenfinches the other birds more commonly affected


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive