Friday 16 March 2018

Iceland Gull - still at Victoria Park, Arbroath

Today's weather was bit rubbish so a short visit to Denfind Hide, Monikie seemed a good choice but they've flooded it again so no waders. I didn't stay around as could hardly stand up in the wind on the circular paths. Moving on to Murton, the ponds there are filling up but the wild fowl haven't got the message yet, however I counted 17 species including 2 Snipe which were feeding in the open.

After a quick coffee break back home, I decided I could stand the 3 degrees centigrade and 30+ mph winds on the beach at Arbroath and found many waders and gulls sitting out the storm on the park land at Victoria Park, and Inchcape Park where a few Purple Sandpipers were seen.

Not sure how or if viewers will be able to see these two videos, they're an experiment using the 4K UHD function. They looked good on my TV but I'm not sure what YouTube and slow connections does to them?

Lesser Redpoll, click here for video                Whooper Swans at Kinnordy, click here for video





The long staying immature Iceland Gull was still at Victoria Park today and was having to roost on the grass due to the stormy state of the sea. Going retro, I'd attached my old Tamron 150-600mm lens to my D7200 to see what if anything I could get in the horrendous conditions and was quite surprised with these high ISO and noise shots.







"My Herring Gull", one of the pair that want to nest on my roof every year which are persuaded to nest along the road a bit


Forgotten photo from my last visit to Kinnordy where these drake Wigeon appeared to chase the duck around the loch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Blog

Blog archive